Friday, March 23, 2012

Attribute strength to vulnerability, continued...



Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I think it is ironic that I chose a photo of a casted bull to depict strength in this article. Yes, it is a strong animal. But the irony is that, as a child, I had a reoccurring nightmare where a bull would chase me in the craziest situations. Usually I would be at a family gathering in a house filled with relatives and I would be running through the rooms and dodging my cousins while this bull was hot on my trail. In my dream the chase was not noticed. My family would just be talking and laughing while I was running for my dear life. I awoke many of nights from this terror. Based on many dream dictionaries, they interpret a bull as being stubborn or perhaps I need to take a stand for myself. I'm not sure how this plays out for a child but it is interesting.

I think that I'm struggling most today with my artwork and the vulnerability is depicts about me. I think art full of emotion is wonderful but for some reason, I struggle with putting mine out there. I'm a work in progress and I'm hopeful with each realization I have, I'm able to persevere through it and, in the process, gain strength that I can continue to share with others.

What are your thoughts about vulnerability and strength, do you believe they are connected in a positive way?

No comments:

Post a Comment