Friday, February 3, 2012

Obsession is unhealthy, continued...




Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC Photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I can't really think of a time when I was obsessed with something. The closest I can come is when my father was in hospice and I wanted to make sure he didn't die alone. I was crazed with the idea of him passing without a loved one holding his hand. I spent a lot of my time filling in slots (when someone else couldn't sit with him) even after I fulfilled my shift. I did think about it every minute I wasn't there. It overwhelmed me. This only lasted over a month before he passed but had he lived for many months and/or years, I might not be sane today.

I was there holding his hand along with other members of our family when he passed. I was sad but grateful we could be with him.

I've never chased someone who wasn't interested in me. This type of obsession seems to be common.

What are your thoughts about this? I would love to hear your comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment