Wednesday, February 15, 2012

From despair to hope



Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC Photo


Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I have spent many years working through past anger. And, yes, as the article insinuates, anger is a symptom of hurt. I think my ultimate hurt is a result of my divorce. Talk about layers of love, hurt and anger, this experience has exemplified them all. I've lived many years with resentment for the lack of effort my ex put into our marriage and into raising healthy children.

It wasn't until the last few years, after looking inward and embracing healing through my creative efforts, was I able to let go of these negative feelings. My anger was a result of my hurt. I committed to spending my life with this person, I gave all of my love and, it wasn't enough for him. This hurt me. It was the ultimate betrayal. But, what I hadn't realized, at that time, was he didn't accept and love himself. All of the stuff going on inside him, hidden under his own layers of hurt and anger, didn't allow him to come from a place of love. He didn't love himself enough to ultimately love me.

Today, I've forgiven him and I wish him well. Because of this, I've found a love greater than anything I could have ever imagined. Had I not worked through my layers of anger and hurt, I wouldn't have opened myself to this great love.

It is my hope for you that you're able to find your greatest love. If you want to bring love into your life, start by letting go of anger. It manifests miracles!

If this resonates with you, leave my your thoughts. I want to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment