Thursday, January 26, 2012

Using shape as a coping mechanism, continued...




Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

As an artist I tend to see things as shapes. Not necessarily the outer outline of an object or situation but more so the shapes of the shades and patterns that make it up. This is how I taught myself to draw. I used to turn the picture upside down so I could force myself to see a break down of shapes and then draw one small portion at a time until eventually the picture came together like a jigsaw puzzle. Perhaps this is where my “out of the box” creative thinking originated.

I think most people think of their body shape, especially in January when the word is brought up. Regardless of what you think of, the idea of the article is to help you utilize this word as a way to cope as apposed to a negative in your life.

What are you thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment