Friday, January 27, 2012

New year resolution update, continued...



Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC Photo

Click on the below article link for background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

As we watch the calendar turn, I thought it was time to touch base and tally our success or failure on New Year resolutions. First, in 2010 I felt it was appropriate for me to "roll back" my weight loss efforts and start them before the holidays so for the 2nd year in a roll, I started mine on November 1st. In 2010 I lost 8 pounds from November through January and then I proceeded to put them back on during the rest of the year. My goal was to lose 50 pounds. I FAILED! In 2011 my goals was to lose 5 pounds per month until I reach a fifty pound objective. So far, I'm passing. I lost 5 pounds in November, 5 pounds in December and I'm at 2 1/2 pounds so far for January. I believe I can continue this goal. I find myself eating a little crazy (my crazy is so much healthier than it used to be) for the first 1/2 of the month and then I get serious the 2nd half, but regardless, it is working!

My success, I believe, is my comfort level with allowing myself to fully feel hungry before I eat. I didn't really do this before. I ate when I knew I would be getting hungry, when I was bored or to feel better. This is not the case now.

Because I started my resolution in November, I was able to set another for me on January 1st. This was to quit cussing. So far, I give myself a B for my effort. If you knew me previously, I cussed quite regularly. So far, this year, a word might slip once or twice a week but I've made a big difference and it feels good!

How are you doing? Please drop me a note to talk about your success or failure. It really does help!

2 comments:

  1. I love to read about people's successes in weight loss, especially seeing the before and after photo's. Congrats on losing 12.5 pounds that is really a great achievement. I've made a weight loss chart and deadlines by when I must loose the weight and I've started last week. I also exercise 4 times a week with friends or family to get the moral support to keep motivated.
    After having saved $880 in total by end of December by using a Tracfone prepaid plan ($20 phone card/90 days/120 minutes if you have the double minutes for life plan)I'm more motivated than ever to cut down on my groceries now to get a great saving.
    I've cut out carbs, eat watermelon instead of sweets and only eat a cup of veggies at night.
    When I have guests I make a stew or lasagna, which is economical and you can make double portions to freeze for future meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the savings Lynette! I too embrace watermelon, it is a great hydrating fruit and because of this it is a big help with weight loss. I increased my fruit intake big time by drinking a home made smoothie each morning. I was surprised that when I started adding protein and fiber to my drink, it keeps me feeling full for many hours. On the exercise front I'm going to the gym about 3 times a week with my son and working out at home on a new bosu ball I got for Christmas. As soon as I started seeing a 1/2 pound at a time come off, it started to fuel my motivation. I'm excited for both of us:)

    ReplyDelete