Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Functionally dysfunctional, continued...



Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC Photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I think I've lucked out because, all and all, I've got a pretty great family. Don't get me wrong, we have our moments and yes, I think we could come up with a Jerry Springer show but when push comes to shove, we're pretty much there for each other.

Our biggest hurtle through the holidays is trying to find the right date for our gatherings. I have 3 siblings and each has their own family. We've had divorces so we have to match up weekends with kids and work schedules to get the whole group together. We usually bring a dish to my Mom's house but this year we've decided to make it easier and just order pizza instead. We had a traditional Thanksgiving together so we're changing tradition for Christmas. We're also having the gathering at lunchtime instead of dinner to offset work schedules. The point is, we do what we have to do, to make it happen! This may be the last year we all exchange gifts as the economy has taken its toll but we'll figure out how to create a new tradition and whatever it is, it will include my whole functionally dysfunctional family, the one I'm part of and the one I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment