Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Broken, continued...




Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

Yesterday I wrote about being in a fragile state which I admit I enter a lot of the time. I also said that I am a very strong person. In today's article I wanted to take it one step further, I wrote about feeling broken. I am a survivor of a lot of hardship from an early age in life. I have always had a will to live. Suicide has not been an option for me. I find my way through hardship by embracing my will to live through and endure anything thus far. But, even considering this, I have to admit, I have been broken a few times in my life.

When I chose to pursue a divorce, this broke me. I so believed in the vows "Until death do we part" although circumstances that were out of my control caused an unhealthy environment in my marriage. I'm sure it was the right decision for me but it did change me. It hurt me to force myself through the disruption and betrayal I suffered.

When I lost my father I felt broken. My spirit was lost in this process. Of course, since then, I've found health and happiness but suffering through bereavement changed me forever.

There is life after being broken. You can mend your spirit and rejuvenate your soul. This is the message of my article.

Leave me your thoughts about this emotional state. I want to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment