Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Regret is toxic, continued...


Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

As an adult I feel pretty good about my choices. I can justify my choices and I have made ethical decisions. Yes, I have still made mistakes but it is mistakes that I can live with; I continue to do my best. But, and this is a big but, as a teenager I wasn't the most ethical individual. I acted inappropriately and I knew better but didn't care at the time. I used to steal just for the thrill of it. It was a challenge to go into a store and pocket make up or something that I really didn't need. This unethical binge lasted a year or so and this time in my life, I am really ashamed of. I was never caught but I have brutally beat myself up for it ever since; it may have been easier if I would have been caught.

Today I am still working on forgiveness. I am freeing myself of this regret and it is helping me to feel healthier and live a better life.

What do you regret? If you feel like letting go, leave me a note and I will let go of any judgement. Hopefully, you'll do the same for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment