Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A life full of rich health, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog link:

Examiner article

This article was prompted by individuals in my family. It reminds me of my Dad (who I miss dearly and he is no longer with us) and of his old school thinking. He believed that once you went to the doctors and, if they had to open you up for anything, you would die. This was his experience with many beloved ones he had known. But, what he didn't consider was the people he had been talking about didn't keep up with any type of medical care during their lives.

I believe that if you care for your body and go to the doctors for physicals, mammograms, colonoscopies etc., basically the check ups the doctor is recommending, the odds are you will not be in stage 4 of cancer when it is discovered as apposed to you going to the doctors for the first time once it is too late.

Yes, I understand anything can happen but generally speaking I believe it is more important to have 50 healthy years than 80 miserable painful years. I don't allow the side affects of Tylenol to keep me from relieving my headache. If it takes 5 years off of the end of my life, so be it, I would rather live a shorter and more comfortable life.

What are your thoughts? I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment