Friday, September 30, 2011

Parenthood and its journey, continued...


Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I was a person who didn't want kids. I liked them from a far. I was on birth control and married for several years when I went to the dentist and was put on antibiotics for a root canal. Little did I know that this medicine would trump my birth control and soon my life would change and for the better.

My son was only a few months old when I wanted another. I think I got pregnant on the first try. I really wanted 2 so they would have the company of each other. Their lives have motivated me to reach levels of success I probably would have never attempted without them. I worry each and every day but I know at this point in their teens they have minds of their own. I have to continue to loosen my grip little by little as they mature and become more responsible. Soon they won't be looking back as they march off to college.

Parenting reaps the worst and best of times, I couldn't imagine my life without them nor would I want to! What are your thoughts about kids? Do they fit in your life? Leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment