Friday, September 30, 2011

A debilitating memory, continued...



Bring clarity to your fog and release the pain to enable you to move forward!

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

A I type tonight in the wee morning hours I'm listening to the rain drops falling on my skylight and glancing at the photo of my father on the shelf. The quiet night hours can be peaceful but also painful. After my dad died I would look at his photo and my chest would tighten and my stomach would ache because I knew I couldn't pick up the phone and hear his voice any longer. It was debilitating. I felt frozen in time, lost and helpless. Today after the last couple of years, I look at his photo and remember the laughs and fun we had. It surfaces light hearted and loving memories.

As time has moved on, and the world continues to turn, I have processed the pain of this loss (and relived it time and time again). Enough times for me to release its hold. It took me a solid 2 years. Yes, I still miss him but I'm able to now focus on the time we had together as apposed to the time we lost.

This is the concept I'm trying to get across in the article. I had to keep living and to find my health again after his loss, I know he'd want it that way. Holding past pain will create an emotional cancer that will take your health in time. It is very serious.

Are you stuck in the past or are you living in the present? Drop me a note and tell me about it, I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment