Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Greek superstitious beliefs, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

Yes, I am a bit superstitious. I would say I fall right in the middle of the spectrum; not to crazy and not a non-believer either. I love to hear about superstitions. It is interesting to learn the origin of them too. I had no idea where "knocking on wood" came from so I too was educated with this tid-bit of information in the article. I do knock on wood frequently.

I pick up pennies regardless of which side is facing up, I step on cracks in the cement and if a black cat tries to cross my path, I call it to me so I can pet it! And, if I break a mirror, I just throw away the pieces carefully and then I don't think twice about it.

What are your superstitious beliefs? Share them with me, I really do think they are pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment