Sunday, April 24, 2011

On how Patrick lived, I can speak volumes, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

Andrew discussed his feeling about the loss of his best friend, Patrick, someone who understood his psyche or as Andrew put it, “He got me!”

Andrew is an extremely creative person. He shared the below poem he wrote about his friend.

Promise me Patrick:
12/16/1968 ~ unknown

Dear best friend and brother,
I will remember you for the rest of my life.
I knew you for 20 years.
I will love you for the rest of my life.
Today, The rest is silence.

Honoring Patrick J. Swenson 8/8/1969 ~ 8/1/1998

To: All who love & all who are loved by others: Promise me, please use seat belts!


I believe when you tap into your creativity especially when it is tied to loss, it is healing, very therapeutic. Andrew has written much about his beloved friend. He remembers him now through their memories and Patrick’s positive impact on his life. He was changed by their relationship and he cherishes this in a very healthy and inspiring way!

Have you suffered loss of a best friend? How are coping through the bereavement. Take a moment to share, open up to someone if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment