Sunday, April 3, 2011

How much stuff is too much, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

It amazes me how I have changed from my childhood. I used to be this cluttered and messy child. Today, I work to continually organize my stuff and my life. It is important that I maintain the old rule of thumb, in with the new and out with the old. It is a cycle I implement for my kids birthdays and Christmas also. There are 6 of us living in my home that used to house 3. I have no choice but to continue this practice, otherwise, we wouldn't have room to grow or live. I do have sentimental belongings but not a lot. I honor my cherished belongings. I also share the sentiment with others.

I believe your belongings reflect your mental state. If you're overwhelmed with stuff, your mind isn't functioning to its fullest potential. De-clutter physically and you'll see you're mind will start to follow. Although, you must acknowledge that it is more than stuff and it is linked to your psyche to see improvement.

I'm curious about your thoughts on hoarding, drop me a note.

No comments:

Post a Comment