Saturday, March 19, 2011

A new way of thinking about church, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I, like many others, am described in the article. I feel I'm very spiritual. I meditate, pray and work to stay on a positive and ethical path through my daily choices. I only recently started exploring a local church. It is very intimidating to me. I remember, when I was a child going to church, how some of the people looked down their noses at others. Not very christian like if you ask me but I guess this type of negatively is everywhere, even in the house of prayer!

Today, I feel it is my responsibility to expose my kids to a positive experience in this area. I want them to understand and feel the impact of a congregation's power. I will admit, I hate getting up on Sunday mornings but once I've found our place in the church, I'm better for doing it!

I've not tried to explore Internet church too much but I believe it is a worthwhile endeavor.

What are your thoughts about the power of group prayer and church? Share a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment