Friday, February 18, 2011

Degrees of sadness, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

Through the ups and downs of my life, I have suffered through the depths of sorrow. Each challenge seems to drive me further down than the last. Perhaps it is my faith and spiritual belief, because I keep pushing through it. I choose life each and every day. I choose it because I love myself, my kids, my boyfriend, family and friends. I want to reach to others and help make the world better.

My heart breaks when I think about the staggering statistics identified in the article. The world's number 1 disability is depression. Many people write this off but it is extremely serious; life or death critical! Two years ago I sat through a presentation called, Living Through Personal Crisis by Doctor Ann Sterns. She did a wonderful job driving home the seriousness, medically, during her presentation. Many people, who discount illness, feel a person just needs more socialization or a job to keep them busy etc., but the fact is they need medicine and guidance to get through it.

Click here If you or anyone you know has withdrawn from life, feels fatigued and sad with loss of hope and/or abusive to oneself, please seek help. Support your friend and help them seek professional direction.

If you have any thoughts to share, please leave me a note. I want to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment