Thursday, December 16, 2010

Anger, eroding your health during the winter, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

Winter is beautiful went you're looking at it through the window of a warm and cozy home unfortunately most of us don't have the luxury of staying in for 3 months or escaping to somewhere warm until it's over. I must say that I enjoy one snow covered day per year and this is Christmas morning otherwise, I'm white-knuckling my way through the icy roads here in Michigan.

I, like many in Michigan and the US for that matter, am struggling to make ends meet. I juggle minimum income with, what seems to be, maximum output. I am extremely anxious each Christmas wondering if I'll be able to gift kindly and find my way through the bills incurred as a result. Each year as I move into the next I'm thinking, "Boy, that was a close one but we made it!"

It is so easy to get caught up in our own world of fear and to let this drive our feelings. I have to make sure I'm taking moments out of my own quiet melt-downs to recharge and find my faith. As much as I hate to exercise, when I'm done, it really does re-align my mind, body and spirit. As I talked about in the article, light is physically healthy for us. We associate it with good and it does help lift the spirit.

Have you ever had a friend who is Debbie Downer (the Saturday Night Live character). All they do is complain. It is draining and it will eventually put you in a similar mood. This is why I recommend spending as much time with others who work to stay positive. It really does make a difference.

How do you overcome the winter blues? Share with me, I would love to know!

1 comment:

  1. Most single moms are so busy living from day to day that they rarely take

    the time to sit down and figure out what they would like to have, who they

    would like to become, and how they are going to do it. Visit this site to

    learn more:

    grants for single moms

    ReplyDelete