Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey leftovers, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

This is the first year that I do not have turkey leftovers. We went to my oldest sister's home and we had a wonderful traditional turkey meal. Her turkey turned out really tasty. The picture I posted with the article was her turkey. It was perfect.

It was a nice break this year to awake on Thanksgiving morning in the 8 o' clock hour instead of 5 to 6 AM to stuff a bird. I do miss the leftovers but since I'm trying to watch my calories over the holidays, it is easier to leave the stuffing, gravy and potatoes elsewhere!

I love the mix of turkey and pasta in the tetrazzini recipe I posted in today's article. It's different than the white chili or casserole dishes that are common leftover meals.

Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? If so, can you share any recipes for leftovers? Leave me a note! I love trying new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment