Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Survive by believing you will

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

Tomorrow, Thanksgiving, is my Dad's 71st birthday. If you follow my posts, you know he passed 2 years ago. I would have never imagined how his death has impacted my life. It helped me prioritize things, I changed careers in the aftermath and it has given me a new spiritual perspective. It has been life altering. I miss him dearly and I wish he was here so we could celebrate his birth tomorrow.

I will be with my family and we'll share memories of him although all of our lives altered dramatically after his loss. We have survived and my Mom who was married to him almost 50 years has learned how to cope without him. If we had a choice, we would take him back in a heartbeat but unfortunately, this isn't our choice!

The best thing we can do is make the most of our lives and make him proud!

How are you honoring the loss of your loved one? What has helped you survive? Leave me a comment and explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment