Sunday, November 21, 2010

No veteran dies alone, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I hold a special place for the VA Ann Arbor hospital. When my father's insurance money ran out for hospice care, the VA stepped up and took him into their facility. They supported us and cared for him through the end of his life. They handled everything with professionalism, dignity and grace.

This is why I am going to volunteer for the program, No Veteran Dies Alone. I'm not sure how well or strong I'll be but I am sure it is a very worthy cause. I was so crazed with the thought of my Father dying while we weren't there, this is why we tried to be with him 24/7. It is very important to me that our veterans get the same priority.

Please, if you feel you are able to do this type of work, contact your local VA and reach out to help!

How are you making your community better? Drop a note and let me know. I'm sincerely interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment