Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The most powerful means are words, continued...

Click on the below article to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I've been on both sides of the "bullying" spectrum and I'm ashamed to share this. I was in kindergarden when I actively participated in picking on a fellow classmate for a short time. I was part of the crowd as apposed to someone who stood next to her and helped push back. I often think about this person and I wish her well and pray for forgiveness for my name calling.

As I grew and moved into middle school I made a choice to start going to church with my parents and at that time I decided to give up wearing pants. This phase of mine actually lasted a couple of years. I remember being called a freak by someone at school. The words did piece me. It gave me a glimpse of what I did to my classmate earlier in life.

From that point forward I became the person who stood up for others who weren't really embraced by the main-stream. As a teenager I gave up my dress wearing choice and became somewhat popular in my little circle. I was aggressive and full of life. I took this into my adult years and became a leader in my life. I'm proud of my adult reach to others as I always work to help those in need.

What are you doing to help others? Were you bullied, the person bullying or a by-stander? Share your story.

1 comment:

  1. Are you a single mother attempting to find scholarships? If that’s the case, you

    much more than likely already understand how mind-boggling it could be to balance

    being a mother while pursuing a career. But really there is not much to worry

    about. Fortunately, there is a great deal of resources offered which exclusively

    appeal to single mothers who necessitate monetary support to be able to further

    their education and future.If you just know where to look.

    single moms

    ReplyDelete