Friday, October 8, 2010

The key to happiness, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I think for most, including myself, we let our ego get in the way of our happiness. It likes to guide us by gauging our level of happy by the toys we own. In the article I ask you to list 3 intangible things that will bring you happiness and then to engage yourself by applying action to the list. For me, I am happy when my creativity helps relieve pain from others suffering hardship. It is the goal and foundation of my work today. I feel like the tip of my iceberg (in a good way) has surfaced allowing me to feel the warmth that comes from this intangible but very real feeling. The next thing for me is self-love. I'm getting there but I can't check this one off yet. I'm working on my health by exercising several times a week and changing my perspective of what is acceptable to me. I thank my body daily for enabling me to get out of bed and accomplish my many lists but I'm still tweaking this one! The 3rd item for me is making sure my actions reinforce my words. In other words, I practice what I preach. I want to be authentic all of the time. This is very important. I realize I am not perfect, I'm far from it, but I need to make sure my efforts are sincere and I embrace the world and myself in this manner!

Share with me 3 intangibles that make you happy. I'm excited to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment