Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Failure is part of the process of becoming successful, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner link

I’m someone who feels passionate about everything I focus on. I believe I can be successful at anything when I truly put my heart and soul into it. But, I have failed many times in the past (a divorce comes to mind among many other things). I’ve been humbled time and time again! Today, I feel very vulnerable to economic factors, to the public in regards to their opinion of my art and writings and to the transition of my career. I’m living on the edge and working to make ends meet which seem to get farther and farther apart. At times, after almost 2 years, I feel like my many failed attempts marketing my work validates my dream is just a vision in my head without merit.

But then I hear from someone who shared kind words about something I wrote or created; it touched them and helped sooth their pain in their time of need. This little pick me up is enough to fuel my passion and enable me to keep chugging along! I wish I could look into a crystal ball to see if my art venture turns into a successful career but without all of my hard work, these years at the grindstone, I’m not sure I would truly appreciate it when I finally get there. My dream is to become an established author and artist (while I'm alive, not in the aftermath of my death).

Just 2 years ago my dream was to become an author and artist and today I can say I’ve reached this goal. Although, I continue to reach higher.

What are your dreams? Has failure kept you from moving forward? Share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment