Friday, August 20, 2010

Little things do mean a lot, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

Boy, have I been trying to drill this concept into my teenagers for years. It drives me crazy when they get off of the school bus and walk right by the empty garbage can on their way into house. They are getting better as the years pass. I imagine it will fully set in as they graduate from school!

Little things do mean a lot in every aspect of our lives. I am someone who usually picks up the crumbled piece of paper on the street. I'm not going to chase something down but if it falls right into my path, I will stoop down, pick it up and through it away. It just makes for a cleaner community. No one likes to look at streets that are full of garbage but most won't take the extra second or two to help keep it clean. It amazes me how thoughtless some people are when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I do understand that if we just all cared enough to clean up after ourselves, we wouldn't have messy houses or streets but we have to start some where so why not start here and help with the cause?

What are you doing to make the world a better place? Share some of the little things you do that make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment