Saturday, July 3, 2010

Self care is essential to your health, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I am really trying to practice what I preach in this article. I have never felt more at peace internally and maybe this is why I’m finally feeling pretty confident and seeing the big picture of overall health. I’ve got one piece of the puzzle solved and now I’m connecting it with another very important one; self care.

I’m physically bigger than I have ever been because much of my life I’m sitting on my behind and drawing or writing. I love the work but now I have to practice adding exercise to my routine.

Really, 21-30 days will form a habit. This fact is pretty motivating to me. I’m worth the commitment and I’m embracing a toner healthier me so let the challenge begin:)

How do you feel about this topic? Send me your thoughts or advice, I appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. I am in the same situation- I am sitting typing my blog, book, working in the studio or sitting drawing. I have always been very active- I am a third degree black belt- and worked out every day for years. now I just lose control of time when I am on the computer. I also know if I was in a relationship- that would shame me into getting my body into better shape.
    My guides & angels bring up ways to keep healthy- vitamins, Omega-threes, walking the dogs. They also keep pushing me to get out & get more social (as in DATING again_). Meanwhile, I am here on the floor in front of the coffee table with all 4 furkids touching me.
    I am whole heartedly behind your quest & will join you on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Marie, thanks for joining the quest; I appreciate the company:) I've been doing pretty well with water intake and vitamins lately and I'm pleased they are now part of my routine. I went sugar free on 7/1 (my b-day) and decided my 41st year would be my healthiest as far as what I'm putting into my body. I feel pretty confident although now I have to implement more activity. I agree that walking the dog is something that is healthy for both our animals and us; I'[ll just try harder. I know we'll get there!

    ReplyDelete