Friday, July 23, 2010

Ground Yourself, continued...


Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I drew this self portrait oil pastel as a project for Safehouse Center in Ann Arbor Michigan. I'm hopeful the image will be used on their 2011 calendar to help them raise money. It is my first self portrait and I must say, when I look at it, it grounds me; I love the peaceful feeling it gifts me. I'm a spiritual person and I've always used nature to calm me. A quick walk, a view of geese flying overhead or a deer in the field all help uplift my spirit.

I'm hopeful the image will touch others in a similar way. It is so important to take breaks from stress and allow yourself to be present and take in peaceful moments to offset havoc. Can you share things you utilize to help ground you?

No comments:

Post a Comment