Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Your personal interest in a conflict, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

Have you ever visited someone’s home where disagreement wasn’t allowed and the house felt quietly uncomfortable? It is almost as bad as an unhealthy environment filled with arguments. Do these kids grow up ignoring issues and struggling because they are unable to properly stick up for themselves? It makes me wonder.

I grew up in a home where arguments were common, perhaps too common, so for me it was a way of life. As I matured into an adult I realized that my hot headed temper wasn’t appropriate. I figured it was best to strengthen my listening skills and polish my vocabulary so, when challenged, I could think fast, hold firm to my beliefs and lead a healthy debate.

It really is the best option for all involved. What type of environment did you develop in, can you tell me about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment