Friday, May 14, 2010

It is extremely difficult when your four-legged friend’s livelihood is threatened, continued...

Click on the below article link for the back ground information to this blog post:

Examiner

In case you are wondering, the actor who displayed "agony" in the article is my boyfriend's dog and mine by default, Ronnie. He is quite a character!

I know many people, including myself, who have been in this dramatic and draining position with their pet. And, unless you are a true animal lover, this type of trauma is confusing; many non-animal lovers write off these little babies as less than a life which is really WRONG!

I struggled with the thought of ending my cat's life, Scruples, in his last year. I had taken him to 2 vets and both told me, he was still very much alive and comfortable. I was prepared to end his suffering had they told me he was in pain. He passed on God's watch but as he struggled with his last breaths, I wondered if I should have put him down. We all feel guilt regardless of the decision; it is just plain hard to think of either aspect!

I'm sure Scruples knew I loved him and I was with him for twenty years, right to his last breath. I miss him so much I can't even describe it. I know you can relate.

Can you share any of your pet memories or miracles? I would love to read about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment