Sunday, May 23, 2010

Parallel illnesses; both her father and her dog were diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I met Essie through Facebook and it didn't take long for me to realize she is a loving soul! She invited me to be a guest host in a pet bereavement chatroom, at the Animal Love and Loss Network, which she is involved.

She has been an angel to me. The experience of touching and soothing others just 1 week before I would have to suffer the loss of my cat, helped prepare me in a way. Who would have known?

Essie has coped through much loss and suffering and she has been able to empower herself in its aftermath. She is a strong person!

She values her family; she has found a way to stop resisting the inevitable changes involved with her Dad's Alzheimer's condition providing her the opportunity to continue to love and appreciate her every moment with him. She lost Smoke but only physically; she is able to still feel her beautiful dog with her!

Her story is very empowering. Have you had any parallel experiences that overlapped from your world with a loved one and your world with a pet similar to Essie's? If so, can you share it with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment