Sunday, April 18, 2010

United States Navy, teamwork and commitment, continued...

Click on the below article link to get the background information to this blog posting:

Examiner

My youngest son, who is 13 years old, is talking about wanting to enlist. I have to admit, it makes my stomach hurt to think about it. I am proud of him and, of course, I'll support any career decision he makes but I'm hoping he'll change his mind before it is time to enlist. I believe our soldiers give the ultimate sacrifice and I know I'm being selfish by hoping he changes his mind; I don't want to think of the increased danger he'll be susceptible to by going into the military!

It does help to listen to Jim talk about his time in the Navy. He lights up and you can tell it was a true love for him. I'm sure there are millions of occupations within the military that are not in the field of combat, I've just got to pray my son finds and fulfills his life purpose regardless of my anxiety attached to it!

God bless all of our soldiers and their families! Leave me a note if you have any feed back!

1 comment:

  1. This is a tough one. We have a person close to us who is probably going to enlist in the Air Force. His job interest is non-combative, yet when you are in the military, you have to take orders and go where they send you!

    I wish your son luck and safety in whatever he decides to do!

    ReplyDelete