Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Find the sunset in your hardship, continued...

Click on the below link to get background information to this blog posting:

Examiner article

I'm very grateful that I was able to get away this week with my family; we're in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. It is a peninsula where the sunset is in your face whether you want it there or not. I can't imagine not wanting to see the sunrise or sunset at this point in my life but I do realize there are moments that are so painful in life you can barely breath, not alone take in this heavenly painting. I have started to realize there is a common thread. In such beauty you are truly able to find "ugly" or vice-versa as I pointed out in the article.

This week I am suffering from major allergy and sinus problems. Each morning the vehicle is covered with pollen as I'm sure my lungs are the same which explains my tight lungs and aching head! I'm sure you are really finding sympathy for me:)

Yesterday, we took a couple mile walk on the beach where I met a couple sunning with 3 dogs. We stood and got to know these wonderful furry friends; I took a liking to the largest fur-ball. He was whitish-tan and stood almost waist high. He was a gentle giant and he tugged at my heart. As we walked away and we were about 50 feet from them, a truck speeding down the beach hit my new friend and killed him. I could hear the woman screaming and sobbing. It took my breath away, ripped my heart out and stole my appreciation of the day and week and so on.

I wondered why I had to be the last person that looked into his happy eyes and pet his welcoming body moments before his life would be over. But, I really think that, regardless if you are in paradise or not, death is truly part of life. He was a beautiful animal and I'm sure he was loved in his life. I was gifted with a few precious moments of his being and I will always remember this gentle giant! He touched my soul and I think I'll meet him again someday as his life has made a real impression on mine. Have you found any sunsets in your sorrow? Can you share them with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment