Monday, March 22, 2010

Challenges of single parents, continued...

Click on the below article link for background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

Boy, this article really hits close to home for me! Both of my sisters and my niece are quoted in the writing. With exception to my niece, we've all been through divorce! Both of my sisters are happily remarried but although I've found a life-long partner, I have no desire to run to the altar and he is also on the same page with me. My boyfriend is a single parent too. We've been lucky to find each other and support one another's needs! I wasn't aware of National Single Parents day until my dear friend, Mary Anne Britton, told me about it. What, I could have been patting myself on the back and celebrating all of these years:) Any reason to celebrate the strength of a single parent is a worthwhile celebration. Do you know any single parents? If so, tell me about how you are helping them!

No comments:

Post a Comment