Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Keep your inner child alive, continued...

Click on the below link to get some back ground information to this blog entry:

Examiner article

My family was very poor when I was a child. My parents did their best although I felt like we were growing up in the 40's as opposed to the 70's. Of course my childhood set a course that enabled me to be a very passionate and aggressive person. I had a very active imagination when I was young and I spent a lot of time drawing. All it took was a pencil or crayons and some scrap paper; I could look at anything and draw it. I'm sure all of my childhood practice helped me to hone my skills into what they are today. When I sit in front of a blank sheet of paper and before I know it, the empty space comes to life as I create an image filled colors and emotion, I'm actually feeding my inner child. I love the feeling I get as I complete each piece of art. I haven't spent much time, as an adult, drawing but now that I'm making a career of it, I'm excited to give myself permission to play! Have you given yourself permission yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment