Friday, January 15, 2010

Suffering painful moments, continued...

Click the below link to my Examiner article for background information to this blog entry:

Examiner article

My sister and I were talking about the pain and horror we suffered as we sat in the sidelines watching our Dad slip away in Hospice. It is the most horrific thing I've ever experienced. She asked me why I thought God made us go through it. I replied by explaining how dramatically the experience changed me. My life has taken a 180, I'm a different person now. It is really for the better. She is more understanding and compassionate also with the people she interfaces with at work. She works in a senior center so you can see where her empathy would bring a value to her work environment. I would never wish this type of loss on anyone but having went through it, I do understand how it has re-shaped me; mind, body and spirit. How has your loss and pain affected you?

No comments:

Post a Comment