Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The freedom of letting go continued...

Click the below link to my Examiner article for background information to this blog entry:

Examiner article

Today was my Dad's 71st birthday. I miss him terribly! He passed in 2008 and if it wasn't for my Mom's voice mail, I don't think I could even remember what his voice sounds like. It is really hard for me. I'm lucky I had a great relationship with him as an adult. I feel like I made him proud and I was actively involved in his life all the way until his last breath; I was there as much as possible. It was my fear he would pass by himself which wasn't the case. I'm sure I would have had a much more difficult time in the aftermath of his death, had I felt guilty about things. I pray for anyone suffering with guilt from a loved one who has passed. I hope the article helps sooth this pain! As for me, I know I can always close my eyes and find my dad imprinted in my memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment