Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bereaving the loss of a husband continued....

Click the below link to my Examiner article, Patricia's interview, for background information to this blog entry:

Examiner article

The loss of Buck LaBean, my Father and Patricia LaBean's husband, has been the most traumatic thing any of us have been through. We've all leaned on each other and with each day that passes it seems we're healing. Interviewing my Mom and asking some personal questions helped me discover that she is doing better than I expected with her bereavement. My Mom is a really strong person but she is living with a broken heart hoping her time left on earth is minimal. It is sad to accept this but I realize her world has been shattered and it will take some time for her to try to recover and find peace with a new life without my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment